A friend of mine was asked questions and was supposed to answer them then tag a blogger. She harassed me into this, so here I am. I am supposed to tag one but rules were meant to be broken.
1. I Admire … my maternal cousins. They taught me how to fight, how to relate to people and how to be loyal to family. You pick on one of us, you get the whole bunch and we fight dirty too.
2. I Am Not … a cheerful giver. I’ll lend you my books but before I do I’ll find any excuse not to. I always feel like nobody respects my books the way I do. You dog ear, tear or destroy my book in any way, I’ll make you hate yourself. Sticks and stones may break your bones but my words will break your spirit.
3. I Am … a very fast reader. I love reading, probably more than I love eating which is saying a lot.
4. I Believe … that there’s no excuse whatsoever for not taking a bath. Imagine taking a walk very early in the morning enjoying the fresh air before the rest of the country wakes up and as you breathe in you get suffocated by somebody’s sewer of armpits. To make matters worse the stench tends to choke. Not cool!
5. I celebrate … the fact that I can see. When I was a kid I couldn’t see properly, I used to blink 5 times a second. Life was miserable then. My cousins (thank God for them) taught me how to blink by making me close my eyes for some time then opening them and trying not to blink for a while. They did this every day and never gave up on me until I succeeded. Thanks to them I can now actually enjoy the sights before me. And read too.
6. I close … my eyes when I remember embarrassing things. I squeeze them shut as if that will make the memory disappear. I have no idea which of my ancestors I got that from. I’ve tried to stop but no luck. Sadly, that, the squeezing them shut, tends to happen in the most importune times.
7. I cry … when I watch movies and television. Strangely, I am an emotional viewer. I take things too seriously, entertainment things I mean.
8. I dance … when I’m alone in the house and the song I enjoy comes on. I shake my hips and booty like I’m being paid. Don’t let the secret out.
9. I enjoy … eating. There’s that feeling you get when food tastes as good as it should. Ecstatic I tell you.
10. I fear … slopes, slanting landscapes, uneven surfaces you name it. I have been known to cling to perfect strangers because I fear the bus will topple over with me in it. Irrational I know, but who cares what you think.
11. I hate … snakes. Those things will crawl into anything.
12. I have … very few friends and I cherish them. But I won’t share my plate of food with any of them, that’s sacrilege.
13. I hope … that I will always have the money to buy all the books that I love. It worries me that books are coming out faster than I can afford them. Richard Branson should give me one of his accounts.
14. I laugh … the most when I’m with my gal Esther. I always say it’s creepy how her brain totally gets mine. I’ll think of something and that crazy gal will be thinking it along with me. I feel blessed that I have a companion in my insane asylum.
15. I love … my family. This group of people teaches you how best to relate to other beings on earth. Any shortcomings in my interactions should also be blamed on them. I only take responsibility for the first 9 months of conception, after that family took over.
16. I need … new shoes. Apparently getting shoes my size is a nightmare so I tend to wear the same ones for a really long time and that is hell on my feet.
17. I never … understand how you can pick on someone who cannot defend themselves!
18. I rarely … leave the house without my ATM card. I know there’s nothing in my bank account, but who knows, anything could happen and I like to be ready when it does.
19. I return … the extra change that I’m given mistakenly. It kills me but I’m terrified of what my mother will do if I don’t.
20. I search … the internet constantly for information on the most random things. It usually shocks me when I type something weird on the search bar only to find that there’s someone out there who’s searched for it before!
21. I should … probably stop watching soap operas but that’s one addiction I don’t mind. How else would I know that Latino men are smoking hot!
22. I shut … out negative people and things. I am my own worst critic and I don’t need anyone else judging me. Plus people can’t even fit in my shoes, so I don’t understand how they will know what it’s like walking in them.
23. I sing … a lot when I’m alone. You’ll find me performing the songs in any crazy way I can. I’m damn good at it too.
24. I thank … God daily for the angel He gifted me with called my mother. Her love and loyalty is mine for life. How amazing is that!
25. I try … not to let my OCD get the best of me. I clean when I’m stressed, when I need to think and I tend to find order in the strangest of things. That’s how I cope.
26. I turn … constantly in my sleep. Which is weird because I always believed myself to be a peaceful sleeper. Hmmm.
27. I usually … read the first chapter of a book then the last chapter before I continue with the rest of the book. This helps me understand the book better. I consider that normal behaviour, if you don’t you need help.
28. I want … to have a library that will be the envy of all my friends. In my head, I have a floor to ceiling array of books. I should probably find a hobby that doesn’t involve books, huh?
29. I wash … my own clothes. My mother finds it alien that I won’t let anyone wash even a piece of garment for me. I believe that other people will not wash them as clean as I would or use the routine I would. I’ve been known to rewash the clothes after someone else cleaned them.
30. I wish … that people would stop constantly touching my hair. It grates on my nerves, not to mention making my hair dirty! Argh!
31. I wonder … if heaven’s got a ghetto. Do you think by now Tupac knows the answer to that question?
32. I write … because the little people in my head won’t leave me alone.